Nothing makes my family feel closer or happier than yearly family traditions. My kids love to have things to look forward to each year. They look forward to cheesy potatoes, Christmas bread, homemade chocolates, Christmas Eve traditions and being together for them. You can almost see the excitement in the air. It is electric. And traditions are my favorite and they make my heart sing.

I wanted to welcome you into my home to see a few of them. We hosted Thanksgiving this year and passed the threshold into becoming actual grown ups! Hahaah! I’m serious! If you have ever made an entire Thanksgiving dinner with just yourself and your favorite girl Cass, you know you can do anything.

1. Komal December 20, 2017 at 2:16 pm - Reply

Your home is absolutely beautiful. You did a great job of decorating and I love that rug! Your kids are too cute!

2. Joline December 20, 2017 at 2:49 pm - Reply

I never thought of passing down rugs before but you’re right. They hold memories too. PS: You have such an adorable family!

3. Ana De- Jesus December 20, 2017 at 6:10 pm - Reply

Aw you have a wonderful talent for photography and it I too love ‘traditions’ which also make my heart sing with joy. What really made me smile is the photo of you all sat together in one photo. Hold that photo tight as that will bring many happy memories for years to come x I followed you on Instagram by the way your account is amazing!

4. Sadaf December 21, 2017 at 3:52 am - Reply

Good job done! Your home is giving all the festive, cozy and welcoming vibes! Rugs totally matching with interior around it. Looks perfect!

5. Kacie December 21, 2017 at 5:47 am - Reply

A rug can really cosy up any home. Your family looks so lovely and happy!

6. Stephanie Sherlock December 21, 2017 at 11:31 am - Reply

I am not going to lie, I always want to jump right through the screen and into your home. Your’re home, children, family, life are so beautiful. God has blessed you abundantly. Merry Christmas.

7. Rachel December 21, 2017 at 12:41 pm - Reply

Wow, i must say your home, rugs and family look wonderful. I’m so glad you get to spend quality time with the family!

8. five little doves December 21, 2017 at 2:24 pm - Reply

Gosh you have the most beautiful home….and children!! What beautiful photos to treasure. I so need a rug like that!

9. Raly December 21, 2017 at 4:42 pm - Reply

I love how you have decorated everything! This is my first year hosting Christmas Eve Dinner at my house and very excited and hoping to start a new lasting tradition. You have a beautiful family! Happy holidays!

10. Vasundhra December 21, 2017 at 5:19 pm - Reply

These pictures are wonderful! Your house is very beautiful and the rug looks great too. Merry christmas!

11. Ali Rost December 22, 2017 at 2:51 am - Reply

What a beautiful family you have .. and too cute about hosting your first Thanksgiving. I did the same a couple of years ago and thought “How in the world have I made it to 40+ and don’t know how to cook a turkey?” Of course, all was well. We too have our favorite things like Spritz cookies, baked beans, my grandma’s stuffing, and my brother’s coconut cream pie. We’re a small family, and after we eat, we play games of 500 into the wee hours of the morning. I wish for your family a very Merry Christmas! x

12. CATALINA NINI December 22, 2017 at 11:43 am - Reply

Your pictures have such a nice retro/ vintage vibe and I love it a lot. Your house decor is so pretty and the new rugs seem to fit in so well.
    Have a lovely and magical Christmas! To many more family portraits and sweet memories.

13. Becca Talbot December 22, 2017 at 2:03 pm - Reply

What a beautiful family home Lauren, your photos are like those in a glossy interiors magazine 🙂 And I know exactly what you mean about family traditions at this time of year – my family has so many, I’m 30 years old and still get a stocking from Father Christmas for example lol x

14. FS Page December 23, 2017 at 10:48 am - Reply

Such a cute lovely family. And such great shots. You all look super-cute together. Hats-off to you for hosting a successful thanksgiving for such a big group. Everyone seems so happy, all smiling.

15. Sarmistha Goswami December 24, 2017 at 3:25 am - Reply

Traditions and memories are the essence of a festival and so nice to see you keeping them alive in your family. I am in love with all your photographs and particularly the one where your entire family poses for a shot! Merry Christmas!