How to nail your engagement session! 10 tips

1. PLAN TO BE ROMANTIC! And by romantic.. act like you like each other. I know photos are not everyone’s thing. You’ll be glad you were in the game when you get your photos back.
    2. Put effort into your outfits! Make sure outfits are planned for color and style. You will be SO glad you did. Plan from top of the head to the tip of your toes. The more you put in, the more you get out.
    3. Take a minute to drink some juice or eat a cookie. Nobody takes photos well with low blood sugar. Seriously. Don’t be cranky. Celebrate your love. But seriously, do us all a favor and eat.
    4. Bribe your love. (Yes. Promise a nice reward for a solid 15 minutes of participation) Seriously, if everyone is on board we can rock it out quick. Loads of photos to choose from if everyone is just on board. So be on board. Bribe your fiancé.
    5. Wear something on your lips. Even if it’s a neutral color? Lips make your photos look more complete. It doesn’t need to be a red lippie, it can be soft. But dang it, put something on your mouth. Again, you’ll thank me.

1. Elise December 12, 2017 at 6:51 pm - Reply
  2. Ana De- Jesus December 28, 2017 at 1:17 pm - Reply

You are completely right it is so important to play along and create ‘moments’ in the photos so that they tell a story! Even when I take my photos I have to ignore the fact that I am freezing cold and just get into the character so that they create good photos! I have to say these photos are beautiful and I love the connection that is shown through the photos x

3. Katie December 28, 2017 at 5:15 pm - Reply

Beautiful photos, and great advice! Putting in the effort to plan outfits absolutely makes a difference in how the pictures turn out! Also, the photographer’s expertise is important to rely on during the shoot!

4. Terri Beavers December 31, 2017 at 12:19 pm - Reply

What a cute couple. They look so happy together as well. Your photos capture that perfectly and not all photographers can.

5. Marjie Mare December 31, 2017 at 8:54 pm - Reply

You guys look lovely. Thanks for the tips, but I am sure, besides all the tips, your true love is what makes the pictures look even more beautiful.

• Lauren January 2, 2018 at 10:20 am - Reply

haha this isn’t me but my client is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

6. Ray January 1, 2018 at 7:52 pm - Reply

These are some really beautiful photos and wonderful tips.

7. Anonymous January 1, 2018 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Awesome tips! I remember doing my engagement photos about 6 years ago. My husband doesn’t enjoy photos, but he knew these were important to me so went along with it and I love the photos we have!

8. Robyn January 2, 2018 at 1:17 am - Reply

You did nail these photos. I love that you use natural light and not too much light for the photographs. Very beautiful.

9. Tonya January 2, 2018 at 7:26 pm - Reply

These are amazing tips! Sometimes people really dont know what all goes in to a photo, and even though it make feel awkward, it looks good! And its evident by your photos that you know what youre talking about !

10. Kim January 2, 2018 at 8:16 pm - Reply

What a beautiful couple! I love the way you styled you hair, it looks so pretty!! Such helpful tips!!

11. Danielle Faith January 2, 2018 at 10:05 pm - Reply

I think whenever getting professional photos it’s a good idea to relax and have fun. Plus it never hurts to put effort into the shoot and plan ahead. All of this goes a long way.

12. Angela Cardamone @marathonsandmotivation.com January 2, 2018 at 10:23 pm - Reply

These are all such gorgeous photos! I love all the outfits here and how the couples love really shines through!!

13. Angela Cardamone @marathonsandmotivation.com January 2, 2018 at 10:23 pm - Reply

14. Angela Cardamone @marathonsandmotivation.com January 2, 2018 at 10:24 pm - Reply

Thes pictures are all so gorgeous! I just love how the couples love really shines through here!

15. angie January 2, 2018 at 10:44 pm - Reply

beautiful pictures, capturing great moments of love
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogpsot.com

16. Melissa January 2, 2018 at 11:04 pm - Reply

awe…love it! I had such a great time when my husband and I did our photo session for our engagement. Those pics still make me happy today!

17. Mike January 2, 2018 at 11:26 pm - Reply

Beautfiul pics…congrats on the big event! Looks like an awesome 2018

18. Brandi January 3, 2018 at 12:30 am - Reply

Wow these tips are great. The photos look so amazing! Planning is definitely key with something like this.

19. jill conyers January 3, 2018 at 3:14 am - Reply

Beautiful photos! You both look so happy.

20. Jake Ferrer January 4, 2018 at 11:52 am - Reply

Oh you two look so perfect! I love all the photos. May your happiness last forever.

21. Ariel January 4, 2018 at 5:06 pm - Reply

These pictures are so stunning! I love all the great tips. I laughed during my whole engagement photo shoot which made for some really great pictures but some odd ones because I was so nervous.