I never want to forget these days. I just wanted to jot down a few of my favorite things about being the mother to these two sweet loves.

Their voices. The day they lose their sweet little sounds? You’ll be able to find me in the corner in my closet listening to videos of their childhood.

They say the sweetest things. “Hey mom! You want a trade for a trade!?” Chase always asks. He knows that the rainbow ice cream looks cool so he gets it, but he always loves the pecan ice cream taste better:)

“Me weally wub ice cream. Me do. Me do.” Ohhhh the silly words she uses make me giggle all day long.

“Thank you SOOOOOO much for my ice cream. Thank you SOOOO much.” Ohh you are SOOOO welcome little lovey.

Mostly, I love their little lips and sticky fingers covered in joy ice cream. Their little giggles as they run all over the old (and never used. Don’t worry! They aren’t used anymore!) train tracks. The screams as they realize the ducks are actually close enough for them to get to. And the laughter when the ducks return the quacks that my kids send their way.

I honestly just want to remember these super lazy and quiet summer nights. I’m soaking it all up because these summer nights are the last of the lazy family-only summer nights. I know soon Chase will be choosing to spend his summer nights with friends and not his mom and dad or his kid sister. I know he will be smiling at someone besides me one of these days. So mostly, I’m just soaking it all in. Ignoring the dripping ice cream and seeing only their smiling little faces. Seeing only their perfect joy at something as simple as an ice cream cone, and their deep, sweet, and perfect love in thier eyes. I’ll wash out the sticky later. For now, give me all the joy.

1. Daisy Tross Shipley August 22, 2017 at 9:59 pm - Reply

Were these taken at Harpers Ferry? Looks like a fun time!

2. Meagan August 22, 2017 at 10:19 pm - Reply

Ugh. Now I’m crying. I am really feeling the baby years slipping away lately. I always feel so torn between wanting them to be babies forever and being excited about the next stage ya know?

3. Kristen August 22, 2017 at 10:46 pm - Reply

Beautiful family and a great reminder to live in the moment. Cherish the little ones 😍

4. Jessica August 23, 2017 at 12:16 am - Reply

I ugly cried today after Kon started first grade!

5. Raelene DeWitt August 23, 2017 at 2:29 am - Reply

What a beautiful day to have memories of. The joy that comes from being a mom really can’t be surpassed by anything else in your life except other than maybe becoming a grandparent. There are memories I have of things we did with our kids that I hope will never fade away. Sometimes we might feel like there is no way that we will be able to have enough love to share with each child and our spouse but then you find your heart swelling to encompass each one with a love so profound. It is all truly blessing! Grab each moment and hold out close! 🙂

6. Sara (@SassySaraSmile August 23, 2017 at 2:47 am - Reply

Eloquently put. I must say Lauren, you’ve tugged at my heartstrings 💜. Not to mention these beautiful photos! While Mila just turned one, I find myself Having baby fever again, already. I can’t imagine Mila being any older. It’s truly bittersweet. I look back at photos of My Mili at 3 months and weep a bit…But I LOVE watching her grow. Each new phase full of beauty & chaos that I feel honored to have w/my Milana-Raven. Reading this I’m just so glad that your little ones are heathy & kind. You’re a Mama Warrior that I admire. You do so many things & still balance family time.
    Warmest positive thoughts of you & yours-
    Sara (@SassySaraSmile)

7. Lindsay mellor August 24, 2017 at 3:50 pm - Reply

I was thinking the same thing today as my 5 year old got so excited about us buying and setting up a trampoline for them. It’s so hard to want to correct their grammar or the way they say things. My little baby’s smile can turn my whole day around. I love my babies!