Okay. First??? I need to show you the good the bad and the HYSTERICAL. No joke. I just wanted to give a little insight into a mom squad session I had the other day. These ladies got my back, and we got baggage kids so we for sure don’t have it all together. I mean, all of us and our kids in one place together YES but not our life, if you catch my drift. In the midst of motherhood and everything that life can bring these three ladies know where it’s at, and that place is messy, inspiring and loud.
Let me give you a list of my ten reasons to have a few lovely ladies that I can run to.
- Holy smokes, a grown up conversation. Let’s be honest. I remember realizing, exactly nine months into being a play at home mama, that my conversation skills were seriously suffering and I would stick my foot into my mouth MEGA nearly every time I talked to a grown woman. I’m not even kidding. This group of ladies either, just puts up with it and doesn’t get offended or they have improved my conversation skills. I’m still not sure which.
- They get it. When I show up going on day three with no shower? When I’m barely dressed/in pajamas…. They just get it.
- They literally don’t care if I don’t respond. For reals? When is the last time you had someone get offended when you didn’t have a chance to respond to a text?? Yes, that happens. They know I’m busy and I know they are busy. And I also know, when it counts they will be there. But seriously, no angry texts when it takes me three days to respond. #majorwinhere.
- They ignore my laundry. Yes, the laundry on my couch is from last Monday when I valiantly vowed to fold it and put it away and it just didn’t happen. It’s been folded three times. But… I just haven’t had the chance to put it away. #nojudgement yep.
- Legit Friends. Not for me, but for my kids! (OF COURSE FOR ME ALSO but this one… is major) So yep. We can throw our kids in a room to play and no one fights with their fists and they even LOVE each other. MAJOR MAJOR win. The kids range from just under six years old to a month old and so many in-between.
- Their kids are not jerks (insert shocked mommy face her from someone reading this) but this is a real thing. In our house we require, please, thank you, excuse me and also? OBEDIENCE. Yep. And when I found some ladies that also ask this of their children??? I basically yelled “sign me up”. No. Joke. The struggle is real.
- They are my medicine. K that might sound funny. Let me explain. They help me with my sanity = therefore mommy friends are medicine. Right?
- They know what I mean when I don’t even say it. “Oh you don’t have to clean that up” means… yeah… I’ll be cleaning this mess up for the next four days if you don’t make your kids put their toys away. And. My. Crew. Knows.
- Last minute plans? Yep. They don’t need me to give them three weeks notice. In fact, my BEST plans are like “HEY IN FIVE MINUTES WE ARE ……” and you know what?? When they can they jump. If they can’t? They don’t. BUT my crew/squad/team/tribe/soul-sisters more often than not are up for a good mommy sanity session play-date, night off from the kitchen dinner out!
- They don’t care if I roll the windows down all the way and sing at the top of my lungs. Not kidding. This one takes me all the way back to being 16 and in my Junior year of high school. Loud. Music. Bumpin. Tunes. Windows. Down. The only thing I don’t do is cat-call the boys anymore. #Imeanduhwhowantsaboyineedaman
Coming this week???? My favorite “deal breakers” from a round up with some amazing ladies. You. Will. Die. It’s hysterical.
Subscribe to the blog!
Subscribe to the blog!