This last year has had some amazing moments for our little family. Here are a few of my favorite memories from 2016!
- Exploring will always be our favorite thing. But you know when you get those funny ideas like… driving 2222 miles with a five year old and a two year old? In a car?? Well.. Sean and I love to explore so we thought, why the heck not. My only regret is not live-tweeting Chase and Lilah’s conversations, their complaints, the potty breaks and accidents, and Chase yelling at the mini DVD player “I’m ZERO SCARED” while watching Disney movies. Sidenote… We live in the coolest place. We don’t have to drive more that 50 miles to end up on a beach, a mountain, or a freaking awesome historical ANYTHING. So we explored our butts off.
- Celebrating any holiday with my family super rocks, but when you get to celebrate our Nation’s Freedom in the Capitol city… It SUPER rocks. The 4th of July in DC was amazing and all of Sean’s family was able to be in town for that so it was just the bees knees.
- Chase will be officially starting school this year, but he was more than ready to start learning now. So! We got him going with homeschool and it has been such an amazing experience to have a front row seat to his brainpower as he learns and absorbs everything we put it in front of him. He does math… For fun. (He is obviously his dad’s child, which is fitting since he was always said to be a carbon copy of Sean as a little boy)
- I have had some amazing photo sessions and met some amazing clients over the years, but in 2016 I had my first destination wedding and let me tell you… The client? She is one of my favorite people ever and I was beyond thrilled to be able to go with their family and take their wedding photos. It was amazing.
- My 30th. Ok you guys. I had literally been dreading it. I thought the anticipation was going to crush me into a nice green smoothie. I have no idea why, but I was really not super-hyped about being another year older this year. Well, Sean and my cute friend, Kelsey, threw me one humdinger of a 30th surprise party and I entirely forgot in that second that I had ever been dreading it in the first place. Because my tribe! I was overwhelmingly loved and from that moment I haven’t had a single issue with 30. #mytribeisthebest. And on the plus side, I only accidentally flashed everyone there once! (Note to self: Don’t wear a flowy tee shirt dress and then jump. Just don’t.)